SELMER (PARIS) SERIE III SOPRANO SAXOPHONE (U.S. Importer Code: Model 53)
The Selmer (Paris) Series III soprano includes interchangeable
straight and curved necks in varying the instrument's balance and resistance. A high G key facilitates attack of this treacherous altissimo note on the Series III soprano. The Series III soprano offers
interchangeable straight and curved necks to adapt to different performance styles and enhance playing comfort.
Selmer has made the following changes on the Series III to improve technical facility and increase playing comfort.
- Left-hand palm keys have been moved up the body (not higher), placing them more directly under the finger and accommodating different hand sizes
- Ergonomically positioned left-hand table keys
- Natural positioning of the right-hand D# and C natural keys
- Direct access to right-hand side/trill keys (Bb, C natural, and high E natural)
- Interchangeable straight and curved necks
- Power-hammered keys
- High F# key
- High G key
- Tilting Bb spatula
Selmer provides these easy-to-make adjustments on the Series III:
- Adjusting set screws:
- Octave rocker mechanism
- Front high F
- Bb from F-D
- Low B over low C#
- Sliding adjustments:
- Low Bb
- Low B Natural
- Left-hand table keys (low Bb-C#)
- Front high F
The Series III represents a new experience in saxophone playing.
- Quick response results from the use of small, independent ribs holding the posts (less metal dampening the body tube).
- New scale design delivers improved intonation.
- Hand-engraved bell and bow (optional on certain finishes).
- Adjustable metal right-hand thumb rest
- Enlarged key feet
- Removable left-hand table key support arch
- Sculptured key pearls
- Kid leather pads with metal resonators (no rivets)
- 2 necks - one straight, one bent.
Back to the
Serie III Soprano Saxophone Page
Click here for a listing of Available Saxophones
in the USA